1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 1 - I filled my incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Olive, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Olive

Olive Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2007
    Cedar Rapids, Ia
    Okay, I just fill my incubator with my BO eggs. I have never tried to hatch any of their eggs. They are know 9 months old now. I'm hoping my cockeral is doing his job. My DH doesn't think any of the eggs will hatch. I went out and got a water wiggler. I've been running my incubator almost a whole week trying to get the temp to stablize. I ended up putting a beach towel around the incubator. The temp now is around 98.3 - 100.7 and my humidity is 63%. I so hope I have a good hatch. I usually have a 50% hatch rate. I'm hoping the water wiggler will help. I'll update at day 8 when I cancle. Geez I can hardly wait for day 8. [​IMG]

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Good luck with the eggs!!

3. shellimac

shellimac Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2008
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Where should I go to get a water wiggler? I want to get everything I need before I start trying to hatch eggs. Thanks, Karen

4. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    wait...my hummidity is like 45-55 is that ok?!?!

5. Olive

Olive Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2007
    Cedar Rapids, Ia
    I bought my water wiggler at Walmart in the toy section for .88. I thought humdity should be between 50 - 65%. I'm not positive. Does somebody else know for sure what it should be? I'm fairly new at this. [​IMG]

6. hart31

hart31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Bowbells, ND
    Quote:Some people have found them at Walmart. Others at dollar stores. I couldn't find any locally so I bought one off of ebay.

7. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    Hey Olive!
    I just put in about 23 eggs from a farmers mutt eggs today! Yea! And then I am getting eggs from Jody that are BO,EE and Buffs in another couple of days and then....I will be getting some more from Lisa. Akkkkk.... I will have more then a bator full and I really hope the hatch goes well.
    Since they are all going in at random times they will have different times to be hatched so i am gonna make a hatcher with my DH. [​IMG][​IMG]
    This is exciting!!
    BYW..Buff chicks are just awsome!

8. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
  9. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Olive

how did it go?

10. RepoBob

RepoBob Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    You may want to lower your humidity. 40 to 50 for the first 18 days, then raise it.
    Good Luck
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by