Day 1

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicken Charlotte, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Day 1 eggs are going well, finally the incubater I made stayed on 37.5 c I made it, so its not that good but I think it might just work even though I cant turn the heat up and down, so if it gets to hot I have to figer out a way to let some air out and if it gets to cold well I have to close it up more. Last night I was thinking because im not an adult I dont know how to make stuff ( not really KINDA) I thought I might just let it run by it self, like if it gets to hot well I would open it up but if it goes down to 36.0 c I would just leave it to see what it would do I kept getting up in the middle of the night to see what the temp was at one stage it was 39.0 c!!!!!!! But I fixed that, anyway this morning and today gladly it has set it self bettween 37.0 c and 35.0 c im so so so GLAD!!!!
    I will send throgh some pictures and please give me some advise Thanks

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Did you build closeable vents into the bator? It may sounds silly, because I have never built a bator, but it would make sense to me to have a vent or vents.

3. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    I just had to go ask my uncle what a vent is [​IMG] no I dont have one I just have a light I will send you some photos ( I will pm you)

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Hmmm, there really should be a vent. Some where!

5. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Maybe it is possible for you to drill a few holes into it ?

6. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    I think its going pretty well Ill see how it goes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by