1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 10 & 2 cracked eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DDDMIchicks, Jan 24, 2012.

1. DDDMIchicks

DDDMIchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2012
    A little background, this is my first hatch so I'm a little clueless! We candled lat night and saw movement in all 9 eggs that we're incubating. The only problem that we found was that 2 of the eggs are cracked! The cracks are not very visable from the outside but you can really see them when they're being candled. I am positive that I can see movement in both of them.
    Should I do something to try and fix them or just leaave them alone and see what happens? Is there any hope for them?
    Please help a worried first timer!!

2. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Yup! Most common remedies are Elmers Glue or candle wax. My favorite is elmers glue. Apply a very thin layer over the crack only (leaving as much shell unglued as possible to llow embryo to "breather" still. I aim for 3 very thin layers. I've had a few do GREAT and make it to hatch.

Good luck!!

3. DDDMIchicks

DDDMIchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2012
    Thank you so much! I'm going to run out and get some glue now! Hopefully my babies make it! I never imagined that I would be such a nervous wreck during this process!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by