Day 10 And I Saw Baby Move In Egg!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FunnyBunnies12, Sep 21, 2010.

1. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

I saw the little tiny embryo move when I candled it tonight! It was so cool! Now as the duckling gets bigger the egg will fill in more all around correct? Because on the other side of the egg is still light however the orangish red is closing in on the egg. It is so sweet to watch this happen, I'm really really hoping for #10 to make it to term and hatch without a problem, I'm already attached to this little booger. LOL, I was actually quacking at it when I was walking up stairs to candle it in the bathroom. I haven't even attempted to candle the other 8(2cd batch) yet, won't until Friday night/Saturday which will be day 6 of incubation for the 2cd batch. Momma still continues to lay. I thought she was going broody just by how my drake was acting, but he's been mating with her again today, he does not give that poor girl a rest, she has now laid a total of 2 dozen eggs! She laid a smaller egg yesterday then the entire batch, so not sure what that means if anything.

But it was so sweet seeing the little tike move! I can't wait to candle it again this weekend to see more movement and development!

2. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    Aww...it is awesome to see the little bugger moving around in the egg. Hope it goes well for you, good luck.

3. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

The air sack will get larger and light with go right through it. The rest will get darker and darker and eventually look all black with the exception of the air sack. Then the duckling pips internally during lock down using the air sack eventually.

4. FunnyBunnies12

FunnyBunnies12 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so scared to candle it because I've dropped one already, but I want to make sure it doesn't die. I tried taking a picture but my blackberry's flash kept coming on. So it wasn't turning out like last time, I took those pictures with my blackberry as well. The little tike kept squirming like "Ew bright light, bright light!" LOL!! I can't but help feel right now that I looked at my own ultra sound. I'm watching my baby grow! This baby I have a feeling is going to have it's momma's disposition/attitude, because momma is an "Under dog" and she beat the odds with a birth defect of her left leg and she has proved people wrong about her abilities because she is strong, and a fighter for life.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by