Day 10 and temp went down to 95.6, are they gonna be ok????

Wyogirl

Songster
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Cody, WY
Sometime between 10PM and 5AM the temp went down to 95.6. Like a dummy adjusted temp heater a liitle down because temps were up to 101. I didn't stay up thinking (actually was tired and not thinking:idunno) and this morning temps had gone down. I have re-adjusted the heater and before I leave to work will make sure temps are stable.
So are they gonna be ok???
fl.gif

Ayda:hit

Probably. Cooler is better than too hot. At least you did not cook them.

Those chicks are often a lot tougher than you think. And it takes a while for the interior of the egg to cool off, even if the incubator temperatures are too low for a while. It is not a good thing, obviously, but you probably did not hurt them.

Thank you, I about started to cry as I have 22 Silkies from CJ Silkies as well as some Lav Orps shipped eggs. I will candle them tonight??? as some are day 10 LO and Silkies are Day 7.
Ayda:)

Quote:
Hey my Cj Silkies are day 7 too and wigglers are easy to see in 17 and 3 more looking possible
hugs.gif
frow.gif
I bet yours are going to look good for you tonight
fl.gif

Quote:
Hey my Cj Silkies are day 7 too and wigglers are easy to see in 17 and 3 more looking possible
hugs.gif
frow.gif
I bet yours are going to look good for you tonight
fl.gif

I am candling here in a few, hope to see wigglers:fl:fl:fl Will let you know.
Ayda

Keep the faith... One of my incubators went down to 93 the one day because of a power outage. When the power came back on one of the incubators went up to 115. Another time on our coldest night I lost power, I was 2 weeks into incubation. The temp in the incubator was 78 degrees when I discovered it. I put the incubator on a battery pack with an inverter and brought the temp back up. I was really worried but I still had good hatches.

Back
Top Bottom