Day 10 and temp went down to 95.6, are they gonna be ok????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Wyogirl, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Sometime between 10PM and 5AM the temp went down to 95.6. Like a dummy adjusted temp heater a liitle down because temps were up to 101. I didn't stay up thinking (actually was tired and not thinking:idunno) and this morning temps had gone down. I have re-adjusted the heater and before I leave to work will make sure temps are stable.
    So are they gonna be ok???[​IMG]
    Ayda:hit

2. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Quote:My incubator died on a cold night and I did not notice untill the next day. The temps were down to 80* they still hatched !!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Probably. Cooler is better than too hot. At least you did not cook them.

Those chicks are often a lot tougher than you think. And it takes a while for the interior of the egg to cool off, even if the incubator temperatures are too low for a while. It is not a good thing, obviously, but you probably did not hurt them.

4. Wyogirl

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Thank you, I about started to cry as I have 22 Silkies from CJ Silkies as well as some Lav Orps shipped eggs. I will candle them tonight??? as some are day 10 LO and Silkies are Day 7.
    Ayda:)

5. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
  6. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I had a drop in temperature when we were working on the new siding; since then, two more have hatched. I have good hopes for the rest of mine, and for your eggs and chicks, too!!

7. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    Quote:Hey my Cj Silkies are day 7 too and wigglers are easy to see in 17 and 3 more looking possible [​IMG] [​IMG] I bet yours are going to look good for you tonight [​IMG]

8. Wyogirl

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Quote:Hey my Cj Silkies are day 7 too and wigglers are easy to see in 17 and 3 more looking possible [​IMG] [​IMG] I bet yours are going to look good for you tonight [​IMG]

I am candling here in a few, hope to see wigglers:fl:fl:fl Will let you know.
    Ayda

9. Wyogirl

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    Definitely have wigglers, 12 Lavs and 10 Silkies for sure !!!
    Ayda

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Keep the faith... One of my incubators went down to 93 the one day because of a power outage. When the power came back on one of the incubators went up to 115. Another time on our coldest night I lost power, I was 2 weeks into incubation. The temp in the incubator was 78 degrees when I discovered it. I put the incubator on a battery pack with an inverter and brought the temp back up. I was really worried but I still had good hatches.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by