Day 10 candle - questions

squeakyballs

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 7, 2009
Pacific Northwest
It is day 10! Most of the eggs are almost completely dark, like this:
22588_10dayegg5.jpg

This one isn't as dark. Will it develop in time to hatch with the others? I saw something creepy moving inside so I hope it makes it!
22588_10dayegg4.jpg

What is this one doing?
22588_10dayegg2.jpg

22588_10dayegg1.jpg

And, just so I don't feel guilty tossing it... this one is dead, right?
22588_10dayegg3.jpg

What kind are ya hatching?

They look good except the last one.

I have found that eggs that look porus like that have a low hatch rate,at least i have not had luck with them, they make good omlettets though
big_smile.png

Good luck keep us posted
big_smile.png

The above person is right. You tend to get very low hatch rate on porus eggs. At day 10, I wouldn't think the eggs would be that dark. You should see lots of veins and movement. Sometimes it will look like the chick has settled on one side of the egg. Almost like half the egg is dark and the other half is clear. I hope this makes sense. Good luck and others should help soon.

They look good except that last one.
big_smile.png

I've also thought that my eggs were at different stages of developement. But they all hatched at the same time.

Last edited:
They are all from different breeds that LareePQG's awesome Aloha rooster is with.
big_smile.png

22588_eggs.jpg

Also, thanks for the replies.
smile.png
I'll toss the BO one.

I've also thought that my eggs were at different stages of developement. But they all hatched at the same time. This makes me feel much less worried.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
that one marked "BO" may actualy have been from a sneaky new layer---my blue orpington. I just noticed she started laying last week, so that would explain the porousness and lack of chick action.

Next time....Muahahahahahaha!

Back
Top Bottom