Day 10

michiganlarry

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
Marine City, Michigan
My son and I candled the eggs last night. Really hard to see inside some of the really dark brown eggs. We did see some movement in way more than half the eggs. Had a couple that looked pretty clear but we are going to wait until day 18 to make the judgment on which are dead or alive.

That was soooooo cool to see the lil guys moving around inside the eggs!!!
lol.png

Congrats! Sounds like they are doing well! I'm on day 6 today and was trying to wait until day 10 to candle. I broke down and candled 2 yesterday and I saw veins! Its so exciting. I can't wait until I can start to see them move like you did!

Its kind of fun now. My wife and 2 teenage sons thought I was crazy when I said I wanted to get some chickens. "No chickens in the house" is what the wife said. " I don't want anything to do with chickens" cam from both sons. The youngest son (16) has been going down to the basement to check the eggs the last couple days. Last night he and I were candling the eggs and as soon as we saw the movement I told him to go get his mom cause she would want to see it. My wife and oldest son both came down to see.
smile.png

Quote:
Sounds like this won't be your last hatch! In fact, YOU may be the one who has to eventually put his foot down and say, "NO, we have more than enough chickens now..., we're not hatching any more eggs"!

Back
Top Bottom