Day 10 :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sheena85, Jun 2, 2012.

1. sheena85

sheena85 Chirping

Apr 11, 2012
    Hart County,Kentucky
    well i seen some movement lastnight,this morning i went do to turn them and i very quickly candled a few and i seen Blood Ring's but some movement....will they end up dying ? 3 of the eggs i set were Staggered eggs.....my hen stopped setting....she had not set on them for a few days and when i brong them in they had good vein's and some movement..but now like i said abpve they have blood ring's but are moving.....[​IMG] i really don't know what to do ! should i wait and see...? PLEASE HELP :(

2. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Songster

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    If they're moving, just wait and see. Maybe it's a blood vessel you're seeing?

3. sheena85

sheena85 Chirping

Apr 11, 2012
    Hart County,Kentucky
    i am going to wait...i am going to recandle at day 15 and if nothing then i am going to through them out :( i hope i see something then :)

4. bburn

bburn Songster

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    look up on here pictures of developing eggs or pictures of candled eggs.....go into a closet to candle.....close your eyes for a few seconds and then open them.....I can candle all but the darkest eggs this way......and a blood ring.....you know it cause there will be no movement.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: