day 12 chicken egg

1 Critter Camp

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 26, 2013
Kentuckky
On day 12, the egg is a light tan color and very dark inside. When I candle it, the contents move like slow jello or the liquid in a lava lamp. I do see blood vessels.
I don't want to have an egg explode but I don't know if it is dead! The contents are mostly to one side but not a significant difference than the other ones except how it moves inside.
I was going to decide to discard on lock down day if I were going to.
Any information that could help??
Thank You!

On day 12, the egg is a light tan color and very dark inside. When I candle it, the contents move like slow jello or the liquid in a lava lamp. I do see blood vessels.
I don't want to have an egg explode but I don't know if it is dead! The contents are mostly to one side but not a significant difference than the other ones except how it moves inside.
I was going to decide to discard on lock down day if I were going to.
Any information that could help??
Thank You!
As long as you see clear blood vessels, then I would keep the egg. Candle again before lock down, and discard it then if there are no signs of life. Try not to slosh the content of the egg around much when candling, as you don't want to scramble the embryo.

Thanks!

If an egg explodes, will it contaminate the other eggs or just stink?

I am very careful when moving the eggs, in slow motion... then after I stop moving, the contents slink to its new spot... very hard to describe..

I am not going to candle again until lock down...

I have two eggs I think are frizzle polish or sultan and am very excited about the possibilities. I'll post pictures of hatching! :)

I checked the eggs again and I actually saw a little foot shadow!! It is strange that they look so different from the other ones but most definitely alive. Lock down on Monday
I'll post picks when they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom