Day 12 on Buff Bantam Ameraucanas (UPDATE 5/12/08)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by marie_martin, Apr 30, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Well, I will be starting again tomorrow. Just received my eggs from Jodi (hinkjc) and they are beautiful. Every one of them is BLUE. Absolutely NO green at all. And I ordered 12 and she sent 20. She is the greatest. No cracks that I can tell and I can't forsee any due to the wonderful packing. I am so excited. Have more bantam cochin eggs and bantam blue orpingtons coming next week so will be staggering again unfortunately. But I guess that is all part of the addiction right? Will keep you posted. Anyone else setting any now, please post, we can keep track of each other's progress.

Marie

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  2. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Haha, are you kidding. My bator has not been turned off in months.

Set 27 cochin eggs Monday. Got ssh eggs coming today or tomm. I also have a email in about some BLRW eggs and I am really tempted to get the silver sebrights.... [​IMG]

Yeah I have lost my mind...

edited to say: DUH I forgot the most important one's......."SILKIES" from you!!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  3. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Well, you have it bad, that is for sure. I was very tempted to get the sebrights listed right now. But I better hold off. Got Jodi's buff bantam ameraucana eggs today (20) and have your cochins coming and the bantam blue orpingtons, so I will have plenty too. And I need to sell some of the silkies before I hatch anymore of those. I am buying so much feed right now it is not funny and the coop is way overcrowded too. Thank goodness they like to cuddle or we would be in trouble. We were suppose to build another coop over the weekend but it rained so much we did not get to it. Suppose to start raining again friday, so I just don't know when it will get done. I want to do breeding pens. I have to find some ideas for simple ones though that I can use the wood I have and not have to put alot of money in right now. Anyway, go on and get you some of these eggs, you know you need them.

Marie

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  4. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    You are such a enabler!

5. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Well, I learned it from all the enablers who helped me get started and who keep feeding my addiction.

Marie

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] Good luck with your hatch Marie! I'm glad you're happy with them and all arrived safely. Here's what you can look forward to in a few weeks.

[​IMG]

Jody

7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Cute chicks Jodie!
    Marie- got some orps too [​IMG]

8. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I did not get the orpingtons, I got the buff bantam ameraucanas. I did order the blue orp. bantam eggs from kingscalls though. You should see if he will have any others. And jmhappycowboy has them too, but not sure what he will have available.

Jodi, thanks again. I will let you know how it goes.

Marie

9. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Marie,
    You should be real happy with them. I have seen the parents and they are real quality birds. You may just want to show them because they are that good. Harry

10. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Not many shows in these parts, so probably wont have to worry about that. But I appreciate your info. I have seen the pics that Jodi has and they look great. I know nothing about this breed though so Jodi, I will be asking lots of questions, ok?

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by