Day 12 question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cluckfan, Sep 25, 2011.

1. cluckfan

cluckfan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Bloomfield KY
    This is day 12 and I just candled. All of then except two seem to be dark with an air pocket, most seem to be filled more than half way. Two eggs are almost clear without the dark area and no air pocket. I am assuming that those two eggs are not good. when should I check them again? I have very bad vision so its almost impossible for me to see details in the eggs. I don't want bad eggs in the bator but don't want to throw out too soon. This is my first hatch. Also when can I put in the non slip pad on the floor of the bator. I can't have it in now because it will not allow the eggs to turn. Thanks.

2. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Put the non-slip thingy in when you go on lockdown. If you don't trust your vision and the two clear eggs don't stink, just leave 'em in there. You also know not to turn the eggs for the last 3 days and not to open the incubator over the last 3 days or you'll risk shrink-wrapping your pipped chicks and they will fail to hatch and die in the shell.

3. cluckfan

cluckfan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Bloomfield KY
    Quote:The incubator is supposed to shut down the turner automatically at lockdown. I am going to get my husband to make sure its off. Thank you! I am a bit worried to put in the non silp pad. I guess if I time it to the exact time we started I can catch it just as the turner is shut down. darn eyes make life hard but still having fun with Chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by