Day 14 incubation egg got knocked

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by loupan, Nov 24, 2011.

1. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    [​IMG] Hi im new to this forum and to hatching eggs i have 4 brown shaver hens who i have had from a day old and they are doing great ,so i decided to have a go at hatching my own ,im on day 14 and out of 6 only have 3 one was moving around last night but today seems to have a lot less movement which worries me also as i was putting egg back into the incubator it got knocked on the side of the light will this have harmed the chick please help im realy realy worried now ,who would have thought hatching eggs would be so scary !

2. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

As long as the shell is intact it should be OK. If an egg can survive the USPS and still hatch I think yours will be fine.

3. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    [​IMG]

It should be fine. Don't give up on her! And they do not always move when candled.

4. gamamachik

gamamachik Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    South GA
    It should be fine as long as the egg is still intact...you could try candling in a few days... but they are right...they don't always move...Smile and have a wonderful day...[​IMG]

5. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Thankyou so much im a nervous wreck i have had 3 children and this is way more nerve wrecking lol i will be happy when hatch day is finally here then i can finally relax , i looked at the shell and it is in full tact thankfully ,lesson learnt just leave the poor thing alone i get so tempted to candle it to make sure its doing ok then when i dont see it moving i get myself in a right mess lol my husband thinks i have gone mad ha ha:D

6. gamamachik

Feb 24, 2009
    South GA
    It will be ok....chicken people are a breed of our own...[​IMG]

7. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    I am sure everyone here understands the stress of incubating! [​IMG] I had to stop as I was making myself crazy checking ont he eggs int he middle of the night! Like you would check on a newborn baby.[​IMG]

8. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Thats exactly how i am my 4 shaver girls are so spoilt its not funny when i first put them out into the coop i was out there every hour in my pjs with my head torch checking they were not cold ha ha ha ha that was a very long night ,they are now fully grown and giving us 4 huge eggs everyday they honestly do not believe they are chickens they are very posh chooks ,but hey i guess thats why they giving us great eggs [​IMG]

9. gamamachik

Feb 24, 2009
    South GA
    Chickens are good for the soul!!!

10. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Is there less movement in the egg after 14 days incubation its real hard after seeing the chick so clearly to seeing just about nothing not even seeing veins as clearly im so scared i have killed my baby chick [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by