Day 14 silkies candling pics - over & under developed?!

ulifarm

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2021
On day 14 for 8 silkie eggs and some look way more developed than others, any experience with this? I removed the turner today since some eggs look like day 18. Should I increase humidity even though some are less developed? I would hate for the more developed ones to be shrink wrapped or not be able to pip versus the underdeveloped ones I’m iffy about.

Egg 1
965224B5-5B88-4E3A-A942-036C171172F7.jpeg

egg 2
14AD8D3A-BCD3-4407-97C8-9CE895E9AF8A.jpeg

egg 3
CC4BD579-6099-40AB-B0A3-4FF67B3AB22B.jpeg

egg 4
CC65F3E4-1830-4D8E-929E-98EAA8953BD4.jpeg

Egg 5
88E5A469-EBF0-4C79-9674-CDF88DAEE996.jpeg

Egg 6
C09276BF-6E5B-428F-82A4-B571A784B310.jpeg

egg 7
090467BA-9F8E-4ADB-A15A-119B363DC716.jpeg

Egg 8
0FEA3DD8-6206-4A2C-941F-7AB74DAB0DDD.jpeg

Those eggs that have masses in them look to be day 14. Don’t worry. Do the ones that don’t have big masses have veins? are they moving? Does your incubator have cold and hot spots?

Those eggs that have masses in them look to be day 14. Don’t worry. Do the ones that don’t have big masses have veins? are they moving? Does your incubator have cold and hot spots?
Hi! Yes the other ones (except one of them where I can't see very well) do have veins and are moving, just look much more behind.

Yes - I have the farm innovators 4250 model incubator and am finding it does have hot/cold spots. I am guessing I should move the underdeveloped right under the heat source and move the others away?

What about when it comes time for lockdown and increasing humidity?

Hi! Yes the other ones (except one of them where I can't see very well) do have veins and are moving, just look much more behind.

Yes - I have the farm innovators 4250 model incubator and am finding it does have hot/cold spots. I am guessing I should move the underdeveloped right under the heat source and move the others away?

What about when it comes time for lockdown and increasing humidity?
I would definitely try and put the underdeveloped ones under the “hotter” spots.
For the future, move the eggs into different spots everyday, to prevent this from happening.

Do you by chance have another incubator? If not, do you hand turn or do you have an automatic turner?

I would definitely try and put the underdeveloped ones under the “hotter” spots.
For the future, move the eggs into different spots everyday, to prevent this from happening.

Do you by chance have another incubator? If not, do you hand turn or do you have an automatic turner?
Eye opener! This whole time I was thinking if they were developing well in that spot, leave them there.

I have an automatic turner! I just took it out

Eye opener! This whole time I was thinking if they were developing well in that spot, leave them there.

I have an automatic turner! I just took it out
I would leave the turner in until lockdown ☺️
Once it’s your normal lockdown, take it out and try to hand turn the underdeveloped ones IF there is no external pips. If there are internal pips, then either do it really fast, and try to maintain humidity. If you can’t, more than likely they may not hatch. The underdeveloped ones looks to be about 11-12 days, so maybe try to post pics again on day 18. Embryos can move by themselves after day 14, so if they look day 14 by the time day 18 comes, then they should be ok, they just might hatch later.

Back
Top Bottom