day 14 Stats

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hypnofrogstevie, Dec 27, 2007.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Temp: 101.5

Humidity:58%

times passing the bator: infinite

2. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    Bahahahahahahahhaah! You are a brave person, I know myself well enough after reading these "incubating" posts for several months that I could NOT attempt this.

Get those walking shoes on, cause I believe you will put on many more miles before the hatch!

The best to you!

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hahaha, Stevie, you have a little ways to go. I'm also on Day 14 with my first round. Hey, let that humidity go below 50%, though. It's a bit high for this stage.

4. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Ok. This is my third time hatching and yet still feels like the first time. I cant get the temp below 101.5 even with winter air blowing in my room. I will let the humidiity drop to 48%. Does that seem pretty good?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2007
  5. speckledhen

Yep, that's much better. Good luck! If it's a still air bator, that temp is good.

6. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Its a brower with a fan

7. speckledhen

It's a bit high. Best if you can get it down to 100 at the most.

8. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I can try. Everytime I try to bring it down to 100 it drops to 95F-98F. Then If I tweak it up a little it brings it to the temp that it is up now. I might buy a brinsea octagon next week

9. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Throw a "blanket" of bubble wrap over it, it helps alot. If you feel the lid, it's warm and heat is escaping.
    I had stable heat in mine that way. But I was using that thermometer with the probe, and it was all over the place, it made me crazy, so I took it out and used my cheapy.

10. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I took your adivice with the bubble wrap. Its just that my mom loves heat. Thats why the incubator has that high heat

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by