Day 15 incubation. Are they still alive?

Keramoon

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 20, 2014
I decided to order silkie eggs from ebay. They were laid the 2nd of April and I finally got them and put them in the incubator on April 5th. It is now day 15 and I have yet to see ANY veins. Are they just not there? The seller told me those eggs are very fertile... I see something going on in there but no movement and no veins. Just the shadow is getting darker on 6/8 of them. Should this be a concern or am I being a worried chicken mama?

I decided to order silkie eggs from ebay. They were laid the 2nd of April and I finally got them and put them in the incubator on April 5th. It is now day 15 and I have yet to see ANY veins. Are they just not there? The seller told me those eggs are very fertile... I see something going on in there but no movement and no veins. Just the shadow is getting darker on 6/8 of them. Should this be a concern or am I being a worried chicken mama?
Those are either quitters or may have been messed with during shipping from eBay. I would let eBay know. Also, what were your temperature settings and humidity and what kind of incubator are you using?

I am incubating eggs for the first time so I don' have a lot of experience, but my eggs definitely looked different than that. At day 4 there was a spot and veining. At day eight there was more veining, a larger mass with a dark spot (eye) and they were moving. At day 14 and since I have been able to see the air cell and most of the rest of the egg appears dark as it is filled with chick. I'm sorry to say, but at day 15 your eggs should appear much darker if there were developing chicks in there.

That picture was actually taken at day 10. Ill have to update later with a recent pic

Back
Top Bottom