Day 16 & 18 For incubator 1

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pbjmaker, Aug 11, 2008.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Here goes - day 16 & 18 for 17 eggs so I turned them all one last time and locked down the bator. I have lost a lot at various stages of development along the way this time. Most the ones I have left are from Dipsy Doodle (due the 16th) and Some still from Michelle @ Goldensunriseranch.(due the 14th) Here's hoping they all make it out! I swear one of Lisa's eggs were trying to pip the air cell already when I candled- Haven't you had some early hatches this year yourself?

2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Mine from Lisa pipped on day 18, so it is not just the heat or her broody. Mine were in a bator in Maine [​IMG] . They all hatched by day 20. Good luck!
    Krista

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I saw one of hers rocking just now - or halucinated it because I was staring at the incubator too long. Those eggs are only on day 17 but look just as far along as the ones on day 19. The one I saw rocking is the same one I thought I saw trying to break into the air cell last night. Maybe she has developed an early hatching type of egg...
    or maybe they started to develop in the mail because it was hot? That could account for the two extra days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by