Day 16.....Not a lot of hope : (

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Littleducky, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Littleducky

Littleducky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2008
    La Center, Wa
    I am on day 16 of my button quail. I would have thought that they would start to hatch today. I haven't seen the vibration or heard them like everyone talks about.

I can't think of anything that went to wrong. My temps got a little high once but not for long enough that I would have thought anything was wrong.

I have had a little problem keeping the humidity up. It has been so cold and dry here, that has been a bit of a strugle.

I will give them a couple more days and hopefully when I get up in the morning I will have a bator full of little ones, or atlesat a couple.

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Good luck! I have 25 (I think only 20 are viable) button eggs due in the wee hours of the 24th.
    Keep us updated. [​IMG]

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Buttons can be funny little things. They like to pop when the mood hits then LOL I would give them 20 days

4. Littleducky

Apr 9, 2008
    La Center, Wa
    I won't get to worried yet then. Just can't wait for them to get here.

5. Littleducky

Apr 9, 2008
    La Center, Wa
    Its now day 18 and when I got up this morning..... I have one that had piped. There is hope yea!!!![​IMG]

I was starting to think that I was a failure. I imagine that others will be soon to follow. I can't wait.

6. Skip

Skip Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck with the quail chicks!

7. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I am happy for you! Best of luck do you have the brooder warmed up and ready. They are so cute when they hatch

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I seem to have better hatches if the hatcher temp is around 98 degrees, instead of 99 [​IMG] [​IMG] fuzzy little bumblebee luck coming your way!! [​IMG]

9. Littleducky

Apr 9, 2008
    La Center, Wa
    Well I got home this eve. and had 2 little bumblee bees in my incubator. They are a whole lot faster than I was expecting, not to mention I was afraid to pick them up because they looked so fragile. They are now resting hapily in thier brooder. I am sure my hubby will get used to the chirping tonight.... (There have been several comments about the noisy little things.) [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    OMG those a teensy things!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by