Day 16 of incubating chicken eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jessie Jenkin, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Jessie Jenkin

Jessie Jenkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2013
    im soo nervous about hatch day last time i incubated 8 eggs and only 2 hatched ahhhh :/[​IMG]

2. bwingler

bwingler New Egg

Aug 9, 2013
    McNeal Arizona
    Don't be, So far i have had only 6 hatch out of the 20 eggs i put in, I have learned a lot since i started, i may have some bad eggs as i didn't date them as we collect eggs so they could be no good. Next batch will be my latest eggs and i will candle them, just got done building a candler. To be honest i was surprised any hatched at all so far. We was watching tv last night and started here chirps lol. Good luck on the hatch and keep all of us posted :)

3. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck on your hatch. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    I have some in the hatcher due on wed. and thurs. I have one peeping in air cell, but I got these eggs from 2 sources one from a farm, mom was sitting on eggs a couple days, and one from a fridge that I have hatched from before. The fridge eggs look a tad behind maybe a couple of days. we will see eggs below were from my last batch.
    .[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  5. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    what I meant to say was day 16 until you hear a peep is suspenseful!

6. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    one pip hole.

7. amberscave

amberscave Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    North Central Florida
    So on Day 16+/-, I should see something?!
    Mine first batch are 16 days today. It's a mixed batch of bantams and regular. The bantams seem heavier - definite slant to them.
    Not that I'd admit it anywhere else, but I was sort of chirping to them today hoping they'd hear me and start recognizing my voice.
    I'm anxious to see some proof of life...

8. gimmie birdies

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    a slant is good. they get quiet before a hatch.

9. Jessie Jenkin

Jessie Jenkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2013
    Thanks for that advice

10. chickarooo

chickarooo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    Yea now all u have to do is wait u are going to have some sleepless nights I hatched out all 5 of my chicks on Sunday day 22 they are 3 days old now and are all obsessed with being near or on me or next to me keep us posted and I hope everything goes well and to plan[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by