Day 16 ok to introduce chicks?

Sabrina24

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2015
Our hen has been broody since monday and this morning I slipped some ceramic eggs under her which she took with no problem. In 12 days a local store has chicks we would love to get but is this too soon to introduce chicks? It would be day 16 from going broody and day 12 from when I slipped the eggs under (not sure if that part matters). She hatched her first eggs last summer (and our first experience with chicks) on days 19 and 20. The other option is waiting another 10 days for a different store but that would be 4 weeks from when she went broody, and I'm also feeling impatient!
wink.png
Thanks for any tips/info!

Our hen has been broody since monday and this morning I slipped some ceramic eggs under her which she took with no problem. In 12 days a local store has chicks we would love to get but is this too soon to introduce chicks? It would be day 16 from going broody and day 12 from when I slipped the eggs under (not sure if that part matters). She hatched her first eggs last summer (and our first experience with chicks) on days 19 and 20. The other option is waiting another 10 days for a different store but that would be 4 weeks from when she went broody, and I'm also feeling impatient!
wink.png
Thanks for any tips/info!

According to the hen----some are to smart for this and some would be so happy!!

Back
Top Bottom