Day 16 on Bantyman & Ebay Eggs Update!!! Day 7 On Speckledhens Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lockedhearts, Sep 9, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I got my eggs from Cyn (speckledhen) today, so figured I would candle my Red Cochins from Ebay and My favorelle and Bantam eggs from Mike to see if I could see any that obviously needed to be tossed. This was prompted by the fact that I had room for 14 eggs and got 18 [​IMG]
    All the Red Cochins have veining, about 4 are a little iffy looking but these eggs were shipped to me from PA on the 27 and I finally got them on the 7th, so that to me is amazing!
    All , I repeat All of the Favorelle eggs from Mike have veins and about half I can see chicks in already [​IMG]
    The bantam eggs had some veining, looks like 2 may not be good but gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Cyn's eggs were packed with such care and I carefully unwrapped and inspected each egg, they are all fine! I was able to set 14. The remaining eggs will be incubated by a friend (Pumpkinpup) Thanks Friend [​IMG]
    I am so excited!!!!! [​IMG]:weee

UPDATE!!!!

Most of my Ebays still look good, considering it took the PO a week to get them to me I only have 2 that are iffy.
    All my Favorelles from Mike are still kicking and my 2 MF Cochins are doing good as is the Bantam Favorelle.

I will candle my eggs from Speckledhen tonight, crossing my fingers for veins in all of those.

I also added 2 eggs from Leto my Phoniex Hen that is in with Gogane my BBR Phoniex from Napalongtails and I have 2 more eggs from her I am holding, will take the one from today and put all 3 of those in the bator tonight.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Well it looks like your excited. [​IMG] good luck with them. Keep us updated.

3. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    My last hatch was in June. [​IMG] I hatched 10 out of 15 of my own eggs. Before that in May I had 1 hatch out of 13 shipped eggs [​IMG]
    So yeah I am excited, it's been too long since my last hatch and I got some Primo eggs, I think I have been jonesing for a Hatch [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Congratulations!!!!! I'm up to my ears in babies, but the bator is calling my name. Now that I know I can hatch successfully I'm hooked. I'm so eggciteded for you!!!!

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good luck with those, Karen! These will be some of the very first babies from Dutch, Hawkeye's son. I just put 4 BR eggs and 3 Orps under a broody today myself.

6. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Thanks Cyn! I am wanting some of your Orps to go with my others.....
    The BR eggs look like winners too! I have 2 BR pullets that are about 2 weeks old and they are sweet , they are keeping my Silver Laced Cochin chick (3 1/2 weeks) company.
    So more BR's is a good thing and of course Black Orps to go with my Blues and Splash.
    The next 21 and 16 days are gonna be LONG!

7. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Update on first post

8. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Sounds good! Hope they all hatch for you!!! I'd love to see the Cochin chicks too. [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Karen, the eggs under my broody are on Day 7 today, too. Will be candling when she gets off the nest to take care of business.

10. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    The 4 I gave to Robin (pumpkinpup) are I think day 4 or 5, I ran out of room and then of course candled my first ones and was able to cull 3 or 4, but that's ok cause I put Leto and Gogane eggs in there, crossing my fingers they grow too.

I can't wait until I get off work and can get home and candle the Orps and BR's hoping to see a bunch of veins and babies!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by