day 16...{{{sigh}}}

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Myst4, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Can anyone please tell me when they first see their eggs move and hear peeps coming from their eggs? I have 12 chicken eggs(2 white leghorn, and 10 EE). I am getting too anxious and nervous. I have this great urge to just sit beside my bator and watch,without blinking (might miss something lol)

2. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I am on day 17 and no rocking or peeping here!!! I usually don't hear them until after I stop turning them which will be tommorow night so maybe Friday for us both!! I did candle this morning and all but 2 of mine look real good!!! If they all hatch it will be my best rate yet!!! 17 out of 19 ...So now you know you are not alone ... Now to get the humidity up!!! Tha tis the hardest thing for me. Good Luck!!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  3. rockyroo

rockyroo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2008
    lol i think we all no how u feel there....ur a bit too premature yet and ul have a long wait lol so put the kettle on lol seriously even if they were very premature ud still be waiting 2 or 3 days.If there on time they will arrive 21days but in my experience u can start lookin from 19 days on lol happy hatching

4. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Don't fret about it now....wait until day 19 when you stop turning! Then you can check about every 5 minutes LOL.

I'm on day 15 today myself!

5. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    with raising the humidity...don't you just add more warm water? Getting worried now,hoping I do everything right. I will be turning for the last time on midnight on mt 18th day, due to the fact that I have some eggs that were put in a day after. lol..my brother and his family have invited me and my family for dinner on Sunday, not going to accept, got to baby-sit my bator ! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by