1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 16 to Day 21 HERE!!...No longer anxious! (heavy PICS)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NoSpringChick, May 30, 2008.

1. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    SE PA
    Wow! That was the fastest 16 days ever and I have thoroughly enjoyed connecting and turning my eggs three times a day...but Day 18 is getting close. Most of my eggs left in the bator are doing very well. I have 1 EE, 10 Barred Rocks, 3 silkies, and 6 BO's. All but one shows signs of active movements, but it's not smelling, and with my lack of candling experience, I just keep it in for now.

What am I going to do when I can't open the bator and turn them after Day 18??? I'm going to go crazy!!!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. poulet

poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    I hardley ever see movement , and eggs have atched just the same so don't worry as long as they are developing! good luck with your hatch
    [​IMG]

3. tororider

tororider Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southeast MI
    I am on day 16 as well, good luck and keep us updated. Btw, its my first time hatching as well. Out of the 33 that I started with only three were clear, the rest I am leaving in as I am hoping that there is something growing in the rest and I would hate to throw out something that I am unsure of. Good luck

4. NoSpringChick

Apr 15, 2008
    SE PA
    Quote:Tororider.....yeah......we can support each other through our first hatch...keep in touch!

I had to throw out six eggs plus one broke during shipping.....but they are all kicking and swimming around. I hope they make it til the end!

5. serenitychristie

serenitychristie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Crescent, OK
    Good luck with your hatches! I am on day 18 and have taken the eggs from the turner, upped the humidity and closed the bator. This is my first hatch too, I have been so nervous, this has been driving me crazy. I started with 30 eggs and have 21 left that look good. So my fingers are crossed and the wait goes on.

6. NoSpringChick

Apr 15, 2008
    SE PA
    Quote:Yeah.....just two days ahead of us....I wish your hatch well....keep us posted!!!! PLEASE!!! and if you can post pictures....we ALL love pictures!

7. serenitychristie

Apr 8, 2008
    Crescent, OK
    [​IMG]
    It's only day 20 and look what I have! I can't believe it, I was expecting to see eggs, I was so shocked it kind of scared me when I saw it. But it's doing well.

8. NoSpringChick

Apr 15, 2008
    SE PA
    Yeah....oh I'm soooo happy for you! Wow! Day 20. Congratulations.

Well last night I put all the eggs on egg cartons, upped the humidity and this morning my water wiggler temperature was only 95.7....yikes.....so I just had to open the bator and adjust my thermostat....it's slowly coming up; the humidity is okay...but I hope they are ok.....

Now I'm really nervous. They were all kicking and doing well last night.

Keep posted!

9. serenitychristie

Apr 8, 2008
    Crescent, OK
    How many eggs do you have? I had to take my uncle for his chemo and radiation today, which is just as well. This morning at 5, I had 2 and by the time I got home there were 19!! I can't believe it, there are 4 more eggs left, one I know is bad and had meant to take out before day 18, one I can't tell what's going on with it and the other two have pipped and are rocking. Who would have thought! I had some nerve wracking days with temp spikes and drops and had no idea that this many were doing this well. It's amazing that little old eggs a few weeks ago are chicks today. Keep us posted on yours please.

10. tororider

tororider Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2008
    Southeast MI
    Well I was up watching hockey and went down to check the eggs and I had two pips. Its too cool. I am going to run down and check again right now. My kids are going to be so excited. I will let you know in the morning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by