Day 16

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by loupan, Nov 27, 2011.

1. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Is it harder to see the veins as clearly now i see slight ones but nothing as big as they were on day 12 etc also not realy seen any movement in the last few days [​IMG] its a silky egg so very small im so new to this i have no idea

2. Ukiah

Ukiah Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
  3. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Yes that is what i have just seen big black mass to the one side of the egg and the other side is pretty much clear , a good size air sac and i could see slight veining at the top very close to the air sac but it was very faint ,i am only candling with a wee torch though. I have been panicking the moment i didnt see movement this is the onl egg left out of 6 so im a nervous wreck [​IMG]

4. Ukiah

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
    Hey, me and my family incubate eggs all the time, and I'm ALWAYS just as nervous as I was the
    first time. [​IMG] Not seeing movement in the egg at this stage usually isn't a big deal. Last year we had
    some eggs that were bouncing around like crazy and some that never wanted to move, but all hatched
    fine. [​IMG] I'd try not to handle it or candle to often, though. [​IMG]

Good luck!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  5. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Thanks thats it now no more peeking im gonna leave the poor wee baby to do its thing hopefully have a pic to put up soon thanks again for the support this site is fab [​IMG]

6. Ukiah

Nov 15, 2011
    AL
    I love this site, to. It's very helpful!
    Good luck! [​IMG]

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I went into lockdown last night. I have 5 pips so far tonight and several wiggling. I go into lockdown with another batch tomorrow.

Now 7 pips and lots of wigglers.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  8. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Oh yay i realy hope i get to experience the wiggling and pipping would be so cool to watch

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by