Day 17/18/19 here... CHICK PICS!!

Cara

Songster
12 Years
Aug 30, 2007
NM
My husband thinks I have lost my mind again, watching the incubator intently for a wiggly egg. When do bantams usually hatch? That one seems to be the wiggliest, but I set it last so it's on day 17.

Last edited:
Yes Cynthia, the Ameraucana is and I can't remember how many of the Orpingtons I told you were developing, but all of the ones that started growing still are as far as I can tell. I left everything in the incubator just in case. I think 12 out of the 18 eggs in there have dark areas and air pockets. The other 6 are clear. The only one that I can tell for sure is the Sultan, and it is moving around a lot. My flashlight isn't much use with the rest now.

I hope so. I'm getting so excited about it, I had a nightmare while we were away this weekend that someone stole my eggs out of the incubator while they were hatching, and I had no idea where they were.
roll.png

The Sultan is wiggling and I just can't stand it. They're fairly easy to sex, and I want to see what it is!

These eggs are determined to make me wait. Day 19/20/21 starts at 2pm, and 2 have pipped (the Sultan and a Blue Orpington from Catalpa). They haven't done anything since then though :mad:

That is hard, waiting while they rest after that first pip. Then they make a break for it, but it can be hours and hours later. I have two eggs that go into the hatcher tonight, then nothing till I collect more for myself in a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom