Day 17 and no pipping yet :(

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Quailpower, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Quailpower

Quailpower Out Of The Brooder

Jul 18, 2010
    Aspatria, Cumbria
    Ohhh im so nervous. Ive got a dozen Japanese Quail eggs in my incubator, and its day 17 and theres been no pipping. Im not sure if ive heard them peeping because I have quite an active imagination haha. I checked them on day 10, and 10 were developing well.

Ive just got back into incubating in my homemade and i feel somethings gone wrong [​IMG]

my temps are perfect, 99 with the circulating fan on if it gets any hotter. For humidity I used to always just put a small saucer of water in after the 15th day, like my grandma does. My hatch rate has always been good, im quite confused [​IMG]

2. donniedodgen

donniedodgen New Egg

Jun 13, 2010
    hanceville
    [​IMG] i got some to due to hach too iam with you on this.[​IMG]

3. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Mine didn't hatch until Day 18 and there was NO pipping. They just hatched! Don't fret!

Laurie

4. Quailpower

Jul 18, 2010
    Aspatria, Cumbria
    Thanks guys, my partner is going mad, I keep running upstairs and sticking my face against the glass hoping to see them starting! I'm such a worrier since day 15 ive been like "what if they dont hatch??" Haha

5. Quailpower

Jul 18, 2010
    Aspatria, Cumbria
    well its the end of day 18 and not a single chick yet [​IMG] im begining to think something went wrong with this lockdown....

6. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Post removed for off topic comment.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2010
  7. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    one of my hatches did not happen until day 19 I think the bator was a bit cool they were healthy just a little late here lately my A&M's get here exactly on day 16 I keep the bator @99.5 - 100*

8. Quailpower

Jul 18, 2010
    Aspatria, Cumbria
    Ok, i definately popped my eggs in the incubator on the 1st at about 4pm, its now very early on the 21st and i can see a tiny hole in a shell and one egg wobbling. Heres for hoping!

9. Chicken_Lover4567

Chicken_Lover4567 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Central Texas
    Good luck!!! I hope you get some babies! [​IMG]

10. Quailpower

Jul 18, 2010
    Aspatria, Cumbria
    Two babies in the brooder!

had 12 eggs, 2 were infertile when i candled them at 10 days.

one chick is chipping its way round the egg and another two are wobbling.

sadly one died in the night, with its head out of the shell, facing downwards so possibly a drowning.

I know I shouldnt interfere as much but in the inc is small and the two chicks which hatched early were fully fluffed and running round and trampling all the other eggs. So they got quickly scooped out and plopped in the brooder and 3 more are hopefully on their way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by