Day 17 Candling

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Corey NC, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Ok I candled the eggs in the bator and here is my out come.

Buff Orp/Brahma: 1 has definate movement 2 are for sure fully developed but I may have seen movement but I am not sure if it actually moved or i just really really wanted it to.

ameraucana: Lots of Movement

Blue Orps: Possible movement in both

Serama: 4 look like they had stoped developing around day 10ish but I left them in anyways. I only saw one with for sure movement but 4 looked fully developed even though I couldn't see any movement.

I also have 1 Ameraucana, 2 Blue Orps, and 1 Serama eggs under a broody. I am not going to candle these eggs.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Not bad, Corey. I'm glad you're doing better with my bunch this time. Sounds like you had fewer bator issues.

3. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    So far so good, My temps have stayed steadily between 99.1 and 100.5 every once in a while it would range up to 101.2 and at the lowest 96.7. I have also been doing the dry incubating method so the humidity has been below 40% through nearly the whole 17 days. It is so dry here It is going to be awful trying to keep it up to at least 70% expecially through the night.

4. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

corey,

let me know how they hatch if you don't mind.. you did have some still developing ? correct.

i have started setting some here to check fertility again out of 10 eggs / 9 are going stong but those 9 did not have to contend with US POSTAL SERVICE...

let me know
    frank

5. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Here is a run down on the progress of the Seramas.

All 25 arrived safely from the PO.

First Candling at day 10:

Incubator:

10 were developing and 10 were clear

Broody: 1 was Developing the other 4 were not (Possibly broodies fault she hasn't been the best about sticking to the nest)

Day 10:

1 With movement, 4 fully developed but unsure if alive, 4 stopped developing.

I'll keep you guys updated as we get nearer to hatch day.

6. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

let me know, as i always want happy folks. i can always send more for the shipping cost.

i have had very good fertility, but if USPS is xraying or bouncing around boxes, they wont fair to well.

frank

7. Corey NC

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I will probably order more before the year is up. [​IMG] I am so weak.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by