Day 17. Not scared anymore. I HAVE WIGGLERS !!!!

JulieZ

Songster
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Trenton, Florida
Have 43 eggs & today is day 17. But there are 10-15 eggs that have been advanced from the moment they were placed into incubation. They traveled from Tennessee to Florida, in the heat. I am unable to get a good photo to show what I am talking about so hopefully this explanation will do it.

The air sac has began to sink in ... like the letter U. I can not see veins, movement or anything. Just too full, too dark, inside the egg. The other eggs NEED to be in the incubator until lock down tomorrow morning. They look normal when candling. Can see movement, veins and although full, it is not like the other ones.

Should I place the advanced into another incubator & start lock down early or let it be as is ????

UPDATE: Found this video. The air sac kind of looks like this but everything is completely dark.

Last edited:
Hmm , as long as youhavent had to high humidty during the whole hatch I dont see why it would hurt them to put them into lock down early as long as you have a way to replensh the humidity durning a longer lock down period. Good luck . Someone else may know more

I THINK ... NOT sure ... I may have heard some egg pecking. Will keep an ear on that. IF it is confirmed without a shadow of a doubt ... the entire batch is going into lock down today. Having placed the advanced eggs to one side, the MAYBE pecking is coming from the other side.

Humidity "spiked" at 60%. Kept it around 50-58%. Temps have been .99-100.5. "Spiked" at 101 a few times. All in the safe zone. Did scramble an entire two days to keep everything balanced with tropical storm beryl came through here but other than that, nothing unusual. Turning 2-3 times per day. Found extra time a few days so I gave them an extra 4th turn.

Gotta get busy before I pull out the stethoscope ... LOL

Thanks for answering. Feels good to know there is help close by.
bow.gif

Last edited:
Started up the 2nd bator. Getting ready for an early lock down. Followed my gut and two hours into this (?) ... EIGHT WIGGLERS ... Some from the non-advanced batch. :D

Back
Top Bottom