1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 17 on Seramas and Mystery Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Corey NC, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Here is a link to our day 7 candling --> https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=42905

In
    my octagon 20 I had 15 serama eggs that spent 4 days in the fridge and 8 replacements. Under my broody I had 7 mystery swap eggs.

Out of the ones that were in the fridge and showed fertility at day 7 only 2 look fully developed and 1 maybe. Out of the 8 replacements 2 stopped growing.

I wonder why the refrigerated eggs stopped growing after a week. They were in a different incubator than the replacements but the swap eggs were in there too and they are all fine and growing.

If the fridgerator affected them why did they grow at all?

2. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    THe eggs that I hatched out that had been refrigerated did that. I had alot that would die off week to week. I ended up with 6 out of 48.

3. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

corey,

let me know how the hatch turns out worst comes to worst i will send you some more for the shipping again... weird. i figured the fridge eggs would have not developed at all. but probally did due to my packing of the eggs. good insulation.

frank

4. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    No more eggs frank, I have got to stop hatching. [​IMG] (ya right)

You've already done enough for me and I couldn't ask for any more. I'll be happy with whatever I get. I still have a total of nine Seramas in the bator that look good and unless something goes wrong should hatch.

I'll keep you updated on how the hatch goes.

5. ae50mag

ae50mag Chillin' With My Peeps

just let me know, and as always i am there for your hatching fix....

frank

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by