Day 17 on Seramas and Mystery Eggs

Corey NC

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
North Carolina
Here is a link to our day 7 candling --> https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=42905

In
my octagon 20 I had 15 serama eggs that spent 4 days in the fridge and 8 replacements. Under my broody I had 7 mystery swap eggs.

Out of the ones that were in the fridge and showed fertility at day 7 only 2 look fully developed and 1 maybe. Out of the 8 replacements 2 stopped growing.

I wonder why the refrigerated eggs stopped growing after a week. They were in a different incubator than the replacements but the swap eggs were in there too and they are all fine and growing.

If the fridgerator affected them why did they grow at all?

corey,

let me know how the hatch turns out worst comes to worst i will send you some more for the shipping again... weird. i figured the fridge eggs would have not developed at all. but probally did due to my packing of the eggs. good insulation.

frank

No more eggs frank, I have got to stop hatching.
roll.png
(ya right)

You've already done enough for me and I couldn't ask for any more. I'll be happy with whatever I get. I still have a total of nine Seramas in the bator that look good and unless something goes wrong should hatch.

I'll keep you updated on how the hatch goes.

Back
Top Bottom