Day 18/19 and they are pipping...

sara

Title Needed Here
12 Years
Jun 25, 2007
at the covered bridge, PA
Ahhh I am not prepared for this. I went to check the eggs this morning and they were already pipped. I hadn't even increased the humidity as i planned to do it this morning.
i have 13 eggs ( 1 Araucana, 6 buff silkies, & 6 buff orps) It looks like 3 silkies and 2 buff orps have pipped! Yippy, so exciting!
jumpy.gif

Congrats Sara! How eggciting! Come on chickies..Sara needs some new friends in the house to keep her company.
jumpy.gif

Jody

I'm nervous because the humidity is not coming up even though I added a wet sponge and a little bowl of water. I don't know what to do because I really don't want to open it again. I wasn't expecting any action until Friday at the earliest.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
With a wet sponge and water bowl, I would not worry..I'm sure your humidity is fine and the gauge is just not reading properly. Hang in there and keep it closed.

Jody

Sara, did you heat the water before adding it to the incubator? If the water is room temperature or cooler when added it might take it a few minutes to start evaporating. If you have a vent hole in the incubator lid and some aquarium tubing and syringe lying around, you can use that to add water through the vent hole.

Last edited:
Sara...please be carefull with a bowl of water in the bator. I have read several posts where a new chickie had fallen in and drowned. Use a warm wet wash cloth....worked great for mine. Good luck on the hatch!! I cant waite to see fuzzy butt chicks!

Quote:
Yep, I used warm water.

Quote:
That's a good point, I might quick take that container out. my dog put a hole in the bottom so I can't fill the water reservoir anymore. Apparently styrofoam tastes so good.

Jody~ Is that little Lester in your avatar?
big_smile.png
So cute!

Last edited:
This morning there is one little buff silkie out and one buff orp almost there. Lots of pips, just not much progress. The little silkie is so tiny! So cute!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom