day 18, and i cant stand it

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by brooster, Nov 25, 2007.

1. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    It is day 18 on my buff orpington eggs, i took out the turner, increased humidity, and candeled. I COULD SEE THE CHICK MOVE [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i cant stand it i dont know what i am going to do the next three days. i cant open the incubator, and i will be thinking about baby chicks all day long. I guess i will just sit on my hands, and waste my time on the computer. (well not waste it, talk about chickens) [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. Silkie_boi

Silkie_boi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2007
    u think now is bad - wait till u get to day 20 just goin into 21 - its bloody torture what these little creatures do to us!!!! its not fair what did we ever do to deserve this [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Hey, you could be me, and only on day #2 [​IMG] I'm worried that the eggs might have gotten too cold in shipping. or or or a number of other things. I'm not going to relax any until day 7 or 9 when I can actually see something.

4. Silkie_boi

Silkie_boi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2007
    Gd luck for both o you [​IMG]: [​IMG]: [​IMG]: hope everything goes well

5. snugglepup

snugglepup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Creedmoor, NC
    TOTALLY!!!!!

One of mine has pipped. I will not open the bator, I will not open it.

6. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    Day 2 youre lucky all you have to do is forget about it until day 18, then freak. I doubt they got to cold. I did an experment, i put an egg in the fridge for 24 hours then incubated it, it hatched and now i have a pullet named snowball. [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have two eggs going into Day 15 tonight. This is the first time in awhile that there hasn't been anything in the hatcher. It feels odd not to have any eggs to watch. [​IMG]

8. Good luck with the hatch!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

9. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I too am on day 18. I'm not sure if they are alive or not to be honest. I am just waiting to see if they do anything. I hope some of them make it as they are silkies. If not I will have to try it again.

10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Forget about it? Not hardly. It's a homemade bator, so I'm watching it carefully, and I have to hand turn them. So no, I can't forget about it.

Good luck on your hatch though, and thanks for the input on the fridge thing. I'm much more optimistic now. WooHoo, I'm gonna have RIR's [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by