Day 18 and nothing - Eight have hatched

Epona142

Songster
11 Years
Apr 19, 2008
Bedias, TX
It's day 18 for my little coturnix eggs, and nothing is happening.
sad.png

They were shipped eggs, my first.

As far as I have been able to, I have made sure the incubator temp is perfect, humidity, all of it. They were in a turner, except for four of them (which I turned three times a day), until the 15th day.

I sure haven't fried them like my poor chicken eggs, who still hatched. Do quail ever take longer to hatch than normal?

Come on little babies! I wish I had something that I could use to candle, but nothing I have works at all.

Last edited:
Sometimes it just takes a little longer for them to hatch.

Hang in there and don't get to discouraged yet!
hugs.gif

Sending you lots and lots of good hatching vibes your way!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

Thanks for the vibes! I am hoping if we leave for a while they'll start hatching, like my chicks did.

Come on little babies, you know you want to hatch tonight.
big_smile.png

I don't have any advice to offer, as I'm incubating my first quail eggs now, too. They are due on Friday, so I know how you must be feeling. Hopefully they are just a bit late, and you end up with some nice babies. Good luck!!!

It worked!!

We left to go out to eat and see a movie (Our anniversary! 6 long years) and we came back to a baby quail!

I see maybe another pip, and here's hoping for more in the morning. I'm so excited.

wee.gif

Nope, I tried to candle once but I don't have anything that works for squat. Guess I need to try and get something! No stinky eggs though.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom