1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 18- approaching IBW=update-new chickies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ginasmarans, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    Today is day 18 for my "crazy egg swap" from Sommer. Last night I saw little chicks moving around,but much slower. I guess it's getting cramped in there. I will remove the eggs from the turner this afternoon(which quit working anyway,I guess the motor died),crank up the humidity and join the nail biters. I better get my brooder set up,right?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  2. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    So what are you hatching this time? I'm on day 19 with silkies from 2 different places. So far no wiggleing yet. Good luck!
    Sylvia

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

There's a bunch of us hatching this week!! [​IMG]

4. lannabun

lannabun Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    indiana
    well good luck to you all ..

5. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    Today is day 18 for me also. My silkies will go in the hatcher tomarrow morning. After last night and this morning and now till friday im gona be a nervous wreck. My best wishes to you.

6. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I have silkies going into the hatcher tomorrow. So we will all be waiting on babies this week. Good luck and keep us posted.

Marie

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Good luck!

8. ginasmarans

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I have 20 eggs left from Sommer, just mixed chicks. There are 4 blue eggs and some of my marans eggs.

9. slyfoxpeeps

slyfoxpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Lewisburg, WV
    Hey Ginasmararns, How's the nail biting? I wanted you to know that my SS are due next FridayFeb 29th, and the all have development!!!! Thanks again for the eggs!
    Sylvia

10. ginasmarans

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    That is good news Sylvia. I checked the egs tonight and so far all is quiet. I have to work late tomorrow,and I'm not sure if that is a curse or a blessing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by