Day 18 candling. Are These All Duds Now? PICS.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bantam Username, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Have done my last candle, looks like only egg 2 is left alive. Shall I take the rest out now, especially number 3 as it sloshes like water with no viscosity at all now. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    Only the second pic looks viable, I'm sorry. Te last one is a dud, and others looked to have grown and then quit.

3. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Yes, I would take all out but the second. It is the only one that looks viable at this point.

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I would take those two bad eggs out. They might burst and then WHAT A STENCH! Good luck with that middle egg!

5. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Thanks all, I so hope this last chickie hatches. [​IMG] It was a batch of 6 originally. [​IMG]

6. CluckCluck18

CluckCluck18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Largo, FL
    Good luck with your little baby! It's so hard to watch over them and wait and wait and end up with just one. I started a hatch with 34, now have 23. Day 18 is Tuesday and I think I have a few more duds, plus very chocolate BCM's that I can't see through. Keep us posted![​IMG]

7. CluckCluck18

CluckCluck18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Largo, FL
    Good luck with your little baby! It's so hard to watch over them and wait and wait and end up with just one. I started a hatch with 34, now have 23. Day 18 is Tuesday and I think I have a few more duds, plus very chocolate BCM's that I can't see through. Keep us posted![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by