Day 18 candling before lockdown - bummed out (pictures)

as110

Songster
6 Years
Feb 16, 2017
Falkland BC
I have done the last candling before lockdown. I had to take out 3 more so now we are down to 15 out of 19 and I am not sure that all of them are alright.

At this stage I should expect full eggs, right? So if I see any space and light spots (like almost half of the egg), then it is dead, right? Like these:
It is not the air cell side but the bottom

Then I have one that looks mucky around the embryo. I expected to be cleaner and full dark except where the air cell is. There is some stuff under the embryo which does not show on this picture. It was dark all around except for this, and I did not see any movement. Is that normal?

I actually saw movement in 2 eggs. That is why I am bummed out. If that means only 2 are alive then we did pretty badly.
We tried to record it but it was too dark and my son was too sleepy to focus.

I broke open the three I took out and two of them have mucky yolks and one has an infected embryo, not recognizable about 1.5" long and stuck to the membrane on the air cell.

Is it normal to not see any movement at this point? Most of the ones left in the incubator are full and dark, I expect them to be alive, and a few have space on the bottom side and light goes through, I didn't see any movement there.

Back
Top Bottom