Day 18-- counting on you guys for support-- ;0)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by revelu, Jul 13, 2008.

1. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    Put Silkie eggs in the hatcher this morning and am sort of determined NOT to open the lid and check on them -- just watch and wait-- telling myself do not open that thing, do NOT candle them, leave them alone!!!! but boy is it tempting to just make sure they are still moving,,, you know?
    I have not opened it since I put them in there early this morning, being good, resisting!
    Vicki in Michigan

2. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Vicki- We are in the same boat [​IMG] I have 8 eggs on day 18 I have one advantage though I have more in bator #2 so I plan to keep myself distracted with them [​IMG] [​IMG] for both of us!

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Stick to your guns about not opening the bator!!...Sit on those hands...have patience...!!!

4. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    good luck on your hatch

5. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Go do some chores. [​IMG] And keep your time busy so it doesn't seem like a strain waiting.

6. revelu

revelu Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Midland, MI
    Oh I have the next shift waiting in the incubator too, Spitzhauben and Brabanter go the the hatcher this week and won't that be fun, all those funny little hairdo's ! [​IMG]

Thanks for the kind words and support! I'm trying very hard to be good-- at least I can still candle the other ones! ;0)

Vicki in Michigan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by