Day 18 for my 1st Incubation!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LadyDixieChick, May 20, 2011.

1. LadyDixieChick

LadyDixieChick Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Rock Hill, SC
    [​IMG] Bought a small Incubator ( styrofoam type) that holds about 40 eggs. We currently have 20 in there. Today is day 18 and I am getting sooooo excited. Turned off the automatic egg turner and now we are just waiting.....

Any tips?

2. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Sit on your hands and dont be tempted to open it !!!!!!!

3. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    [​IMG] Welcome to BackYard Chickens LadyDixieChick! [​IMG]

Take the eggs out of the turner, and lay them on their sides. [​IMG] I'm sure you did, but the

way you worded it sounded as if you just turned it off and left the eggs in there. [​IMG] & Don't

be openin' that 'bator! Happy Hatching!

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  4. crazyeggs

crazyeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Vermont
    Good Luck!!! Today is day 18 for me as well. Fingers crossed and checking every hour:)

5. applesweets

applesweets Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2011
    Looks like we are hatching buddies [​IMG] I have 2 eggs only though and it is our first hatch. We had three, but we just buried a quitter today [​IMG] Went into lockdown at 6pm. Exciting!!!

6. vnploveschickens

vnploveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Good Luck to you both, Ladydixiechick & Applesweets! [​IMG]

Please stay patient.

I was a first timer hatching eggs in an incubator, also foam-type. I was very lucky and got 6 of 8 hatched on 5/18 & 5/19!

I did alot of reading here on the forum, especially the different threads in the Sticky thread at the top. I concentrated
    on the Humidity issues. I didn't have any trouble till lockdown when I added too much water. Luckily, I was able to fix it quickly.

Keep us updated! We're pulling for you!

Val

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  7. applesweets

applesweets Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2011
    How much is too much? I researched and everywhere said 80-85% but I saw on here some different numbers. If 82% is too high, I need to fix it ASAP before it is too late. I just started lock down a cpl hours ago, so it isn't too late to fix it I think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by