Day 18 for my seramas. *UPDATE*pics&questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by IcedMochaChick, Mar 2, 2009.

1. IcedMochaChick

IcedMochaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Yep, day 18! I have 11 serama eggs in the bator, hopefully, getting ready to hatch. Some people say they take 19 days, some say 21, so I took them off the turner yesterday. I'm REALLY hoping they start hatching tomorrow! How many of you all have hatched serama and what day did they start pipping?

Sorry, post was duplicated!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  2. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    For me, in the incubator at 99.5 deg. they pip with others on day 20 and hatch 21. But under the hen I experience earlier hatchings.

3. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    I got home at about midnight, day 19 going into 20, and one has pipped! I can hear lots of peeping, too [​IMG] Come on chickies! [​IMG]

4. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    OK, I have one chick hatched but still sitting in the egg (hatching in carton) and another is pipped! I'm so going to post pics later [​IMG]

5. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    We're on day 21 now and I have 3 chicks! I don't see anymore pips, how long should I wait? The first chick hatched yesterday morning. They are all dry, but I'm hoping for more. I'll post pics soon [​IMG]

6. whitecra

whitecra Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I would wait until day 24 or 25 if you can. Also before I throw out eggs I put them up to my ear to see if I can hear any pecking or peeping from the chick. Good Luck.
    Chris

7. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Will the live chicks be ok in the bator for that long? When should I start worrying about them?

8. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Go ahead and take the hatched chicks out. They are ready to be moved once they are nice and fluffy. Then, you can wait for the other eggs to hatch while the fully-hatched ones are getting comfy in their new diggs.

9. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    No, they need food and water after about three days. Just set up your brooder with a heat lamp, feed, and water, and quikly openthe bator grab them shut the lid and step away. YOU MUST DO IT QUIKLY!!!

10. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    So, if there are no pips yet, I can take the chicks out? I don't want to risk suffoating the ones that haven't hatched yet. Maybe I'll wait another day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by