Day 18 home bator first try (PLEAse Help!) page 2 -2 died

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tiki244, Feb 27, 2008.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I got the humidity up and the temp went down. I suppose that means I need to adjust the thermostat? Oh boy! well wish me luck! I still have some eggs that look like they may be good. I have 1 out of 8 brahma bantams (shipped) that looks good but the aircell is fairly large, and 1 that looks like it probably stopped growing. I suppose I better throw it. [​IMG]

I think the two Buff Orp Bantams I put in there might hatch

I got maybe 1 or 2 japanese

and

maybe a leghorn or two.

I think it would be a miracle if any hatch

and I got too many days to wait I am already anxiouse!

Oh Boy! This is bad!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Here is wishing you good luck......[​IMG]

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Tiki244 I hope you haven't thrown your eggs out just yet. Three of our eggs had air cells around the top as well as down along the side. We thought for sure there was nothing in them. We even put them at the back of the bator to keep them out of the way. When I thought about throwing them away, my daughter said to just wait till everything else hatches. They were the last three, and my daughter took them out and put them to her ear and was so suprised to hear peeping coming from them. Don't give up to early. [​IMG]

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    thank you I have some eggs left two brahmas died early---but I had a couple of unexplained temp spikes--my incubator seems to be working better now--I have one brahma egg that has air cell down two sides like you explained but it might hatch--- [​IMG]

added: I got a couple eggs from the japanese hen that just died (Skittles) I hope one hatches

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Today is day 18 not yesterday OOPS I hope it doesnt matter if you turn the humidity up a day early???

6. 4-H chicken mom

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Well, not sure. I was still turning on day 19 so my humidty was turned up a day late, so who know for sure. [​IMG]

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] went outside to feed the chickens and pigeons and I got two pigeon eggs that are tapping _ looks like I will have baby pigeons about the same time these chicks hatch [​IMG]

8. 4-H chicken mom

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Now that would be really cool. Lots of luck coming your way. [​IMG]

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Thanks 4H chicken mom. Do you have babys just born?

10. 4-H chicken mom

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Yes, they were all born. Check out the bottom of page 3, (100% hatch) We actually ended up with 13. The brahma watched the day after everyone else. Even the very small chick is doing well now. We gave it some poly-vi-sol infant vitamins and it pulled through. We thought it was a goner for sure. I still can't believe that they all hatched. After the disaster we had last year with a borrowed bator, I never thought we would ever do it again. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by