1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

day 18 humidity.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by john in wa, Apr 3, 2009.

1. john in wa

john in wa Songster

Mar 31, 2009
    My eggs are due to hatch the on the 8th sunday will be the last time i need to turn them. do i need to bring the humidity up then or wait till they are closer to hatch time. thank you

2. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Songster

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    On day 18 stop turning eggs and up the humidity to 60-70% humidity. After that, don't open that bator. [​IMG]
    Good luck with the babies.

3. john in wa

john in wa Songster

Mar 31, 2009
    ok thank you. will close it up and only open to add water.

4. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Songster

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    No problem! Good Luck [​IMG]

5. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Can you feed the water to it without opening?

6. john in wa

john in wa Songster

Mar 31, 2009
    I seen a post where some one made a couple new holes in the incubator and used clear tubing to fill the water trays think i will do the same.i also have another ? a lady dropped of some of those Easter egger eggs for me with the wife today. she said they are fertile and she has had them stored about 3 days. i would like to put them in the incubator but don't know if the high humidity will hurt them and don't want to be opening the incubator to turn them. i have black copper marans eggs in the incubator now and as you all know they are not cheap. my options are 1 cook the Easter eggers 2 buy another incubator 3 buy a auto egg turner but don't know if the high humidity will hurt the new eggs.

as always thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by