Day 18!! I'm about jumping outta my skin!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TennesseeTruly, Apr 11, 2009.

1. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Okay so today's big Day 18! I'm so darn nervous, you'd think "I" was having a baby. This is my first hatch. I had 8 Gold lace cochins in the 'bator. 1 was infertile, 1 had a blood ring. Those two I tossed. 1 more looks like it stopped developing early. So there are 5 eggs left.

I'm raising the humidity now. I put a half a wet sponge inside the 'bator and that's inside a bowl. I have every finger, toe, and butt cheek crossed.

Wish me luck!!!

Laurie

2. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    only a couple more days!! but sit on your hands and don't touch the bator!

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Hang in there, don't be surprised if they pip early or late. Its such a cool day, to witness that miricle. You will be a proud parent too!
    Looking forward to seeing what you get! Good luck!

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Heehee! I know right? Lucky you! Mne are due next weekend. It's so hard to believe that I only have one week left...well 7 or 8 days. Mine will probably be late too cause my temps have hovered more at 99-100 in my still air. [​IMG]

Ok so now you go dye some eggs or plant a tomato or something that will get your nose off that bator glass!

5. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Oh believe me, I'll be busy. A wonderful BYC'r sent me 60 eggs that I got in the mail today!! I thought I was getting 20! When the mail lady showed up with this huge box, I was floored!

I had to run out to get 2 new 'bators!!! ROFL!! So I have lots to do. I promise I'll keep my face and my fingers off the 'bator.....well okay my fingers. I can look can't I??

LOL

Laurie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by