Day 18!! Lockdown!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sterlingb, Feb 25, 2013.

1. sterlingb

sterlingb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    Shreveport, LA
    Today is day 18 for our eggs(eek) wanted to now what my humidity should be bc I've read so many different things. I'm afraid if I have to much water then they won't hatch. I'm so nervous!! I filled the ring in my bator and I've also got some sponges. Should I use them? Help!!! :)

2. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    did you check the air sacks? if they are not low you should not put the extra water in you don't want them drowning. If you do decide to put in ex water then open up those vents

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    x2 refer to section 18 lockdown for alot of info.... it depends on your air cells and how you have been running humidity. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

4. Cinnylove

Cinnylove Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2013
    Reading, Pa
    i'm new to this and have been running my humidity bout 50..this is day 4.. what do you advise for lockdown for me?? i first read to keep humidity between 55-70 but since i've read like a thousand forums on here ;) i keep it pretty low...should i continue 50-60 for lockdown???

5. sterlingb

sterlingb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2013
    Shreveport, LA
    So I locked down my eggs yesterday my temp is 99 and humidity 59%. I'm so dang nervous about my eggs!!! Fingers crossed everything goes well.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by