day 18.........nervous

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by penelope77, Jul 11, 2008.

1. penelope77

penelope77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    northeast oklahoma
    okay i have one egg, my b-day egg, going to the hatcher this evening soon to be followed by turkey eggs in two days. i'm so nervous. it took me all day yesterday to get temps and humidity right. that one little egg sure is intimidating. what if it doesn't hatch? what if it starts then dies? what if it's not a chicken? okay that was a joke. i just keep worrying. still though i keep telling myself it's just an egg but i really want it to hatch. so i went out and had a word with the hens. based on the info i gathered i'm supposed to be out there scratching in the dirt and grass. not alot of help. i think one was laughing at me. in fact i'm sure when i was walking away i heard whispering. something about stupid human trying to play mother hen. i candled a really bad batch of shipped eggs lastnight that will be joining the hatcher after the turkey eggs and of 13 only two were alive. pretty neat cause they were moving all over. the others, when they had arrived had bubbles inside, alot of bubbles so i didn't think any made it. so that's good news. i haven't been able to see inside the b-day egg though since three days ago. geesh i'm just babbling out of nervousness now. i need some of those hatching vibes and maybe some life vibes too. i really don't know how you guys do this time and time again. unless that's what has made you all crazy. yeah that's it. hatching stress has eaten away at your sanity. well i'm well on my way!

you know i'm kidding about everyone being insane.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  2. Joy1

Joy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Lancashire,England
    Wish you well on your hatch. I had five eggs all looked good at day 18 but none hatched,mother nature for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by