DAY 18 no sounds no movement

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bedste, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Bedste

Bedste Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    does that mean this hatch is doomed? OMG

2. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    No, Don't panic yet. I've had some hatches where the eggs never moved till they started pipping. Other hatches have started moving a few days before pipping. Actual sound won't be heard until the chick pips through the internal membrane. Just hang in there, and take deep breaths. You still have a little more waiting to do, lol.

Edited to ask...we are talking chicken eggs, right?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  3. Bedste

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    yes.... a variety of chicken eggs... This is my first incubator hatching can you tell...?

4. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    You aren't going to hear sounds until one pips through the air sac, and it's too early for that. But, by this time, the chick should be too big to be able to move. So if all you see when you candle is a, air sac and everything else is dark, you're right on track. The last three days are tricky, though, good luck!

5. JewellFarm

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    Just stop turning them now, get your humidity up and let nature take it's course. It's ok, I was a nervous wreck through my first hatch as well. It gets easier, but still exciting!

6. Bedste

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    already set in more sponges..... leaving Bator closed and watching temp and humidity.... havent turned since this morning... I set them at 11 am 18 days ago so I thought they should have an early morning turn for the last time... so day 18 did not officially begin till before NOON today.

AAAAAAAUGH ........

7. JewellFarm

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    Sounds like you have everything covered. Keep us posted on how things go. Hopefully in a few days you will have [​IMG]

8. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

just like mine. [​IMG]

no sounding, no pipping, no zipping, no other kind of *ing* *ing*. [​IMG]

hold it. [​IMG]

9. thespinningcottage

thespinningcottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    My first hatch is almost over. I heard the first chirp from inside an egg late in the day on day 20. I was worried before that, too. Everything has gone well for me. Good luck to you! Remember to take all the advice and don't open the incubator. I felt like I had to add water once because I couldn't keep the humidity up so I inserted a drinking straw through one of the vent holes and used an infant medicine plunger to inject water into the straw and down into the well. Worked like a charm!

10. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

that's good, i even use a pipe to insert warm water to plastic container inside the bator. today is 19th days, no sign of Life yet, hope they done it well. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by