Day 18 of incubation, to open or not to open

KalahariFerrari

Chirping
Nov 10, 2020
Northern Cape, South Africa
Hi! I'm wondering how to go about this. I have 7 eggs on day 18 now and 2 eggs on day 10. I didn't think this through, this is my first try at incubating and with a home made experiment incubator. Should I open it and still turn the 2, or leave them and turn the 2 after I have an outcome on the rest? I guess I'm wondering which is the lesser of two evils! Hardly any humidity escapes when I turn them and it bounces right back. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, keep turning the two for a couple more days, unless you have a chick mid hatch. Won't hurt the older eggs a bit until they're pipped externally and by then you should be ok to stop turning the newer ones, or at least turn them less often. (opening once to turn would probably be fine if the pip is small, since your incubator holds moisture well.

Yeah, keep turning the two for a couple more days, unless you have a chick mid hatch. Won't hurt the older eggs a bit until they're pipped externally and by then you should be ok to stop turning the newer ones, or at least turn them less often. (opening once to turn would probably be fine if the pip is small, since your incubator holds moisture well.

Thanks so much! I will do that!

Back
Top Bottom