DAY 18 TEMP DROPPED OVER NIGHT ARE THEY OK???

jj ranch

Songster
11 Years
Jan 13, 2009
day 18 is today and i went to go up humidity and it was down to 80 or so. its on its way back up but will they be ok?? i was thinking just because it was cooler in bator, doesnt the inside hold heat better? i dont want another junkie hatch

jj ranch

Songster
11 Years
Jan 13, 2009
ok temp is back to normal.. im guessing temp probably went down for a hour but dont think anymore. now for humidity.............dangit stuck at 51 adding with a tube of water and two wet rags and a bowl. i even have wet rags on top of it, i just plugged humidifier next to it. gosh i hope this works to raise it. any suggestions?

walkswithdog

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 17, 2008
DC Region
How sure are you about the accuracy of the hygrometer? Some people hatch in the 50% - 60% range and don't have problems. The outside humidifier will probably help.

The temp drop may have slowed them down a tad just focus on keeping it even from here on out.

It may be alright yet. Hang in there.

jj ranch

Songster
11 Years
Jan 13, 2009
all is where it suppose to be now. i couldnt believe the temp but i did early this morning open and was about to set them to hatch out of bator but foregot i had to run to store and get new temp/humidity thing. so i doubt even then it was more than an hour at low temps. im keeping positive as much as possible.

elizwlsn

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 9, 2009
Palmyra, Va.
I have some eggs in and today is day 21. ON day 18 I went to turn off the egg turner and ended up turning everything off. I did that in the morning about 9 am and didn't realize what I had done until about 5 or 6 that night. I was so angry at myself because I was sure I had killed them all.

Today I have 3 peeping out of 7. The others may or may not be ok. There is only one that has pipped but at least 3 are alive at this point. So an hour doesn't sound so bad to me. 8 hours was pretty discouraging.

Hopefully more will be ok. I am so glad I didn't toss them and waited it out anyway. Yours are probably all ok.

Elizabeth

Top Bottom