Day 18

19marvinn

Chirping
Jul 1, 2015
Today is day 18 of my hatch and I'm very nervous. On day 15 I candles all of my eggs and each one looked great. I saw the large mass and a ton of veining. I even saw one move. Now today before I locked down, I candles them one last time... I still saw the mass and a defined air cell but I could only see one tiny vein in one egg looking very closely. The others I saw absolutely no veins. Is this just me not seeing correctly or should I definitely be able to see veining on day 18? Any ideas? I was so excited and now I'm kind of worried. There was no temp change or humidity change at all.

Today is day 18 of my hatch and I'm very nervous. On day 15 I candles all of my eggs and each one looked great. I saw the large mass and a ton of veining. I even saw one move. Now today before I locked down, I candles them one last time... I still saw the mass and a defined air cell but I could only see one tiny vein in one egg looking very closely. The others I saw absolutely no veins. Is this just me not seeing correctly or should I definitely be able to see veining on day 18? Any ideas? I was so excited and now I'm kind of worried. There was no temp change or humidity change at all.
It's much harder at day 18 to see anything, but you can usually still see the veining closer to the air cell. You can take a look here if you haven't: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-candling-pics-progression-though-incubation and compare with teh day 18, just remember, the color of the egg will affect how well you will see especially in the later days of incubation.

It looks like it does on that picture for day 18 but I see no veins. I hope it's just my vision!!

It looks like it does on that picture for day 18 but I see no veins. I hope it's just my vision!!
I hope so too.
wink.png
Let us know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom