Day 19-1/2 and eggs are wiggling!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ruditchka, May 7, 2009.

1. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Songster

Mar 28, 2009
    I've got 13 mixed variety eggs in my homemade bator that are alive! 2 of the 16 viables didn't make it past the first few days and 1 other I think didn't make it past about a week or so but I left it in for now because I'm only 99.9% sure its gone..... I'd die if I opened it and was mistaken. Tonight at 7pm starts day 20, so I hope to see some early pippers. I'll take lots of pics during the hatch to post. Stopped turning yesterday and upped humidity from about 48% to 65%.... Hope all goes well from here, its kinda out of my hands now! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. chickflick

chickflick Crowing

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] Good Luck! [​IMG]

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Happy Hatching!

4. RHewitt

RHewitt Songster

Good Luck Ruditchka! The pics would be nice.

5. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Songster

Mar 28, 2009
    Thank You All!

6. daisychick

daisychick Incubator Tetris Master Consultant

Feb 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Congrats! I just started day 20 at 8 am today and I am dying to see some wiggling here! [​IMG] The suspense is killing me!

7. Ruditchka

Ruditchka Songster

Mar 28, 2009
    Well, I candled the questionable egg again and saw no movement or substantial growth so decided to pick at the shell near the air-cell. As suspected, the embryo died at about day 10(no beak yet). So as of now, 13 of 16 have made it to this point and I can't wait 'til hatch time! The egg-rocking has settled down a lot since yesterday when I removed eggs from turner and placed on screen. I guess they were just moving into position and are about there. There is still an occasional "rocking" and temp/humidity is good for hatch so I'll just have to wait it out! [​IMG]

8. RHewitt

RHewitt Songster

Patience Grasshopper...good things will come to those that wait.

9. nhnanna

nhnanna Songster

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by