day 19 1PIP! update hatched day 22, hatch is over

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by austinhart123, Oct 14, 2009.

1. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    today is day 19 for my frizzle cochin eggs and we have one little pip that i can see!!!!!

these 18 eggs were 2 1/2 weeks old when i set them and have survived two power outages!

wish me luck ill post pics when they start to hatch
    UPDATE:::
    a total of 8 out of 19 hatched, alot of them pipped the air cell then died, and two died right after pipping, im thinking it was the power outage on day 18, or maybe it was an unlucky batch since the eggs were old, i have higher hopes for the 9 eggs due friday, although they expierienced both power outages, they were at earlier stages and were all fresh when i set them, i set 8 more today in the same bator, and will continue setting a small clutch every weekend since my seramas started laying today!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Congrats! Can't wait to see the pictures! I seem to always have one or two ambitious babies that start to hatch 24 hours or so before the rest. Good luck with the hatch. [​IMG]

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Good Luck [​IMG] I snuck one bantam egg under a broody, and its stirring today too. Now i wish i snuck a few more [​IMG]
    I'll have to enjoy watching your thread instead [​IMG]

4. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    haha thanks all, i have either 18 or 19 due by saturday, 9 due next saturday, and 20 ready to go in after the ones due this saturday are out

5. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    we have 2 pips now =]

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Are you going to post hatching pics as you go? [​IMG]

7. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Quote:yes i will try to get some pics of the pips but ill definantly have pictures of the chicks

8. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG] sending good hatch vibes [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  9. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    still only two pips from what i can see, dont hear any chirping over the sound of the fan in there, tomorrow is officially day 21 so hopefully more will pip by then

10. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

congratulation on pipping.

always curious to see the pics of beauty fluffy chicks when they hatched.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by