day 19- 3 1/2 out already!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenlisa, May 13, 2008.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I just took the chicken eggs out of the auto turner last night- candled 1 last time- tossed out any blood rings and clears...and today I have 2 pips already on the speckled sussex eggs. I can't believe it! My college son came home last night so maybe they want to make an early appearance to see him. he's the one who got me started on chickens and ducks in the first place 5 years ago.
    Will post an update when there is any change.

Ps-What is IBW?

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Congrats!! Now your son gets to keep his nose at the bator with you!! LOL
    Mine are pipping this morning too!!

Edited for spelling, Not enough Coffee yet!

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  3. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Yep- once I wake him up! lol...I've got coffee, but no creamer so its going going down slowly and I don't have enough in me yet either!

4. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Ok- 1 is out- so wet and floppy. Adorable! She's a Speckled Sussex....pics soon. 3 more are pipped, too.
    Lisa

5. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Ok, here is my ongoing journal of this hatch...3 are out and 1 is about out, tired and resting in the shell but the top is off and its head is free. There are 8 more SS to go...2 that I can see are pipped, so hopefully by 6 am when I get up they will be out and hopping around. These are strong babies, the rest of the eggs in there are 9 Silver Phoenix and 3 Brabanters... mote in the am.

6. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    IBW...Intense Bator Watch...[​IMG]

Sounds like you are there! [​IMG]

Dawn

7. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    Ahhhh- thanks! I tried to figure that one out, but just couldn't get it! Yes I am there- 5 hours of sleep last night for me. But 5 are out now too- the other 1/2 of #4 came out after I went to bed at 1 and the 5th one came out before 6 this morning. Maybe they are bashful and just want to hatch with no audience.lol
    More are pipped, so I'll watch secretly today. Today is day 20;IBW for me (once everyone gets off to school and work.) They do think I've flipped my lid. My DH says "chickens everywhere..." but my kids stop by and watch the action too. [​IMG]
    Lisa

8. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    that fast...omg I have to get home. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by