day 19 and a couple of questions!!!!!!

ingv8700

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 18, 2008
Pequot Lakes, MN
today is day 19 and I have 2 days left

there is a possibility that i will have some hatch today correct of will they all hatch out on the 21st day??

and I have this book that i am reading and it says spray them with a spray bottle of luke warm water tonight. Is this a good idea

fl.gif
I hope that I get some starting to hatch soon!!!
fl.gif

If your humitity is right for the last three days than I wouldn't take a chance opening your bator. You don't want the humitity to drop. There should be enough going on for them to hatch. Are you hearing any internal peeps yet?

Last edited:
I dont have to open the bator and listen do I?? And I am not sure what my humidity is because it is a little giant still air incubator

Ok the book that I have said to spray them with water for the last time and leave them alone, and after reading some of the posts on here. should i be hearing some noises out of the eggs by day 19 or will i hear more tomorrow on day 20?? I am asking a lot of questions and I should just wait and see what happens but, you get all excited when you are about to have little chicks about to hatch and you really want them all to hatch because we have spent the last 19 days raising them in the eggs

What book are you reading that says you need to spray them with water? I have never read this. Hmm.

Also, you really need a hygrometer to tell you what the humidity is in there because it should be raised the last couple of days. This is our first time hatching but we are on day 18 and there isnt any movement yet so you probably wont see or hear anything until a day or two before they hatch
smile.png

Thanks for the help

I dont have a hygrometer.

The book is "The Back Yard Flock" written by Mike Strecker

I hope I hear some soon because tomorrow is day 20
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom